Dear CrossRoad Alumni,
We’ve made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person CrossRoad Alumni Retreat and move to an online video-conference format as part of the public health effort to slow the outbreak of coronavirus across the country and most recently in the Boston-area. While this was not an easy call to make, this decision is rooted in love for all of you, and love for all our neighbors.
We plan to make the most of the situation using amazing technology to connect virtually! This means that even if you didn’t sign up for the in-person retreat, you can sign up for the online retreat now!
We would LOVE for as many of you to join as possible and while this is our first time doing something like this online, our best hope is that we can foster a spirit of fellowship and connection online. In order to do so we ask for three things:
- Use the video feature of the app so that we can see your beautiful faces (if you have access to a device that has a camera)
- Pull out your CrossRoad journal for notes and reflection!
- Be present!! It can be so easy to get distracted when we’re on our computers with text messages, scrolling on social media, checking emails, etc. but in order for this to work we are asking that everyone bring their full selves to the community.
What will the online retreat look like? How can I join?
Below is the schedule for the modified alumni retreat! Once you sign up, we’ll email you the link to download the Zoom video-conference app that we’ll be hosting the retreat through! It’s free and very easy to use.
FRIDAY SCHEDULE—March 13, 2020
(Eastern Standard Time)
- 5:00PM—Welcome to the Online Version of the CR Alumni Retreat!
- 5:10PM—Resilience in Uncertain Times (Kyra)
- 5:30PM—Break-out Discussion Groups by Session and/or Age (led by former CR Staff)
- 7:00PM—Live streaming of Akathist at St. Mary’s Orthodox Church (If you have your own community go there! If you don’t…please use this as a resource) http://www.
(Eastern Standard Time)
- 11:00AM—Prayer and Welcome to Dr. Kathryn Bocanegra
- 11:15AM—Dr. Bocanegra’s Keynote: What does it REALLY mean to love our neighbor and build community?
- 12:00PM—Breakout Discussions: Generating a CrossRoad Alumni vision for love of neighbor–for ourselves, our parishes, and our Church
- 12:30—Group Reconvene: Key Insights from Breakouts and Questions for Dr. Bocanegra
- 4:00PM— Open Forum Discussion/CrossRoad Learners
- 5:00PM—Small Compline led by the Alumni Advisory Board
- 9:30PM—(Optional) Devotionals by session/age